Monday, November 8, 2010

CLOSING THOUGHTS

There’s not much more I can add to this chapter without getting into the
next chapter. In order to be a great trader you are going to need a sound
trading strategy that you can only develop once you have figured out a
trading style that you feel comfortable with. If you are somewhat new
to trading, you will go back and forth between coming up with a strategy
and figuring out what type of trader you are. It will be trial and error for a
while. If you can find other traders who are successful and you can sponge
some information from them, it will be invaluable. If you don’t have the
luxury of other traders at your disposal, then you will have to read a lot of
books and try different things until you figure it all out. Don’t get discouraged
though, it takes time to learn how to trade to your utmost potential. It
took me several years. I was lucky. When I started as a clerk on the floor of
the New York Mercantile Exchange and then got my own seat on the Cotton
and New York Futures exchanges, I was surrounded by great traders
who taught me a lot. I was able to gather information from many people
and slowly develop my own style from all those different profiles I was
privy to.

No comments:

Post a Comment